Energy Efficiency for Your Westwood, Boston or Eastern MA Home
Let Us Help You Cut Energy Costs
Home is where the comfort is. Well, it’s where your comfort should be. How does your home stack up?
In order to get the energy efficiency and comfort you expect in your home, the following steps should be taken to maximize comfort and minimize ongoing expense:
- The equipment needs to be sized correctly for your home.
- The system should be installed properly.
- Pre-existing problems with your duct system and home insulation should be uncovered and resolved.
Is My Norwood and Boston HVAC System Efficient?
You can figure out if your HVAC system is efficiently simply by asking yourself the following questions:
- Do you have hot or cold spots in your home?
- Is your home too dry or too humid?
- Do some rooms need to be dusted more often than others?
- Do some rooms feel stuffy?
- Have allergies or asthma become issues for your family?
- Are your energy bills higher than they should be?
If your answer to these questions is “yes,” then Suburban HVAC is here to help.
Buying a new heating and cooling system is a very important financial decision. Over time, the combined costs of owning a system always far exceed the initial cost of buying it. The wrong system, improperly installed, could sentence you to over 20 years of excessive utility and repair bills. It may also not deliver the comfort you expect and deserve, and it may adversely affect your family’s health and safety.
There’s a world of difference between a system that puts out some hot or cold air, and one that performs at the high efficiency, comfort, and safety levels intended by the equipment manufacturers. Take comfort in knowing that Suburban wavers at nothing to provide you with the right system that fits your home and budget.
Government and utility company research shows that new systems typically deliver as little as half of the heating or cooling they are capable of. In a recent utility study, 9 out of every 10 new systems had energy-wasting mistakes due to errors or oversights by the installing contractor. The EPA states: “Newly installed heating and cooling systems that are under or over-sized, improperly charged, or connected to a poorly designed and installed duct system will not deliver the rated efficiency.”
Energy Efficiency Tips for Your Norwood, Boston, Needham, and Westwood Home
There are a lot of ways you can work towards having a more energy-efficient home. Check out our list of tips below:
- Make sure you service your air conditioner and heating system regularly: Maintenance includes changing out your air filters, which helps your system run as optimally as possible!
- Use your ceiling fans more: If you’re looking to cool your home down, sometimes the best way to do that is with a fan! And it cools down your home while saving you money.
- Use a programmable thermostat: You can set your thermostat to lower or raise the temperature of your home when you’re away, and then go back to your desired temperature by the time you return. Pretty cool, right?
- Seal your air ducts: Air can travel very easily through your air ducts and out of your home – wasting your money! By sealing them, you’ll ensure your conditioned air stays where it should!
Choose Suburban HVAC For Energy-Efficient Service in Boston, Norwood & Eastern MA Areas
At Suburban HVAC, there is nothing more important to us than our customers and their satisfaction with our services. We’ve been in business for over 50 years with completely trained and professional associates. We want to provide our customers with complete comfort when it comes to their home’s heating and cooling systems. All of our employees are background-checked and qualified to perform the job you need done in your Boston, Norwood, Needham, or Westwood home. Just get in touch with us today!