Ductless Mini-Split Systems in Westwood, MA
Ductless Mini-Split Installation in Westwood, MA
Ductless mini-split systems are fairly simple to install, but they require the attention of a professional installation team. Let Suburban HVAC help you add cooling and heating exactly where you need it with a new ductless system, all without running new ductwork and adding that expense.
We can help you choose the right system for your home’s needs and help you with the installation. Keep that hot room in your home cool with your new ductless mini-split system.
Call Suburban HVAC at 781-769-1515 or contact us online to schedule ductless mini-split installation in Westwood, MA.
Benefits of Ductless Mini-Split Systems
Cooling system technologies have come a long way. While many people still think of “traditional” window-style AC units as the norm, we’d be remiss if we didn’t inform you about the benefits of a ductless mini-split system. Ductless mini-splits provide great cooling comfort in summer and warmth during fall and winter.
Comprised of a small outdoor compressor/condenser and an indoor air handler, ductless mini-split systems work similarly to central air systems but on a smaller, more defined scale. Ductless mini-split AC has become popular for homes and businesses where traditional cooling systems can’t be feasibly installed for financial or real estate reasons.
Part of the beauty of a ductless mini-split system is in the name of the product – it’s ductless. A significant benefit of having a ductless system is that the conditioning units don’t require the extensive ductwork used in traditional central air configurations.
The mini-split is installed on the wall in the room of your choice, and, in some cases, multiple head units are dispersed throughout the home for increased comfort and efficiency.
Speaking of efficiency, ductless mini-split systems are up to 30% more efficient than central or window units, meaning they cool (or heat) your home faster and keep it that way.
Other benefits include:
- Big savings: The ability to cool or heat specific areas of your home at specific/variable times lets you control costs and temperature. The savings can be substantial, and many homeowners are pleasantly surprised to see how much their utility bills drop once they’re no longer cooling an entire building all day.
- Minimal noise: Ductless mini-split systems are extremely quiet. They’re much quieter than central or window AC system options, which is imperative to some consumers who have had trouble getting to sleep listening to the rattles, hums, and rumbles of other ACs.
- Compact size: A ductless system takes up minimal space, and since it’s installed on the wall, there’s nothing to trip over or brace in a window. It’s out of the way.
- Versatility: Ductless mini-split units can cool and heat areas that are difficult to reach, such as certain spaces in older homes, offices, hospitals, hotels, and schools.
- Better air quality & smaller environmental footprint: Ductless mini-split systems help you and the environment breathe easier thanks to efficient filters that remove larger allergens and particles. These filters can also be cleaned and used repeatedly, generating less waste.
- Security: Sure, the price on the tag of a window AC unit is probably less, but consider that they’re far less dynamic (they can’t heat), and they’re easy to push in, granting access to trespassers.
As with any of our products at Suburban HVAC, the team is as important as your chosen solution. Ductless mini-split systems come in many different sizes relative to how they service an area, so you can get a ductless mini-split that best fits your home in Westwood, MA, and the surrounding areas.
Some contractors will sell you the biggest one they have. We take greater comfort in maximizing our customers’ comfort, so we want to set you up with exactly what you need, keeping the environment and your wallet a little greener.
Ductless Mini-Split Repair in Westwood, MA
Even though they’re fairly easy to install, ductless mini-splits can eventually have problems that need repairs. This could leave you hot and uncomfortable in the summer or shivering in winter.
Suburban HVAC offers ductless mini-split repair services so you can enjoy the comfort of your system in no time. If your system is leaking, has ice buildup, or isn’t working, our team is standing by to help.
Call 781-769-1515 to schedule a ductless mini-split repair in Westwood, MA.
Westwood Area Ductless Mini-Split Maintenance
To get the most use out of your ductless mini-split system, you’ll want to keep it well-maintained. Our HVAC technicians can perform an annual maintenance check that will optimize the function of your ductless mini-split and check for signs of needed repairs.
With this maintenance appointment each year, you can be confident your system will provide reliable cooling and heating for each season.
Schedule ductless mini-split service in Westwood, MA, today.
Schedule Services for Ductless Mini-Split Systems Today
Contact Suburban HVAC if you have a ductless mini-split system in your Westwood, MA, home, or if you’re considering ductless mini-split installation. We have a full list of HVAC services for all types of systems, including mini-splits, and are dedicated to ensuring you enjoy total comfort from your system.
Our team is made up of NATE- and EPA-certified technicians, so you can be confident in the services you’ll receive from us.
If you have a hot area in your home or are looking for heating and cooling in a part of your home without ductwork, a ductless mini-split system is the right solution.
Call 781-769-1515 or contact us online to install one in your home today.
Ductless Mini-Split FAQs
Can a ductless mini-split heat and cool the room where it's installed?
Yes. Though many install ductless mini-split systems specifically for their cooling properties, these units are also heat pumps; they can both heat and cool your room.
How much does ductless mini-split installation cost?
On average, ductless mini-split systems cost around $3,000 to install, but the unit you choose, total labor costs, and home layout can all impact this cost.
Are ductless mini-split systems energy-efficient?
Yes, on average, these systems use 60% less energy than HVAC systems because they are heat pumps.
What are some signs that a ductless mini-split needs to be repaired?
Some signs that you need a repair on your ductless mini-split include:
- Ice buildup
- Less output
- Increased electrical costs
- Grinding sounds
- Poor performance
If you notice these signs, call a Suburban HVAC technician familiar with ductless mini-split systems.