Suburban Companies: Providing HVAC service and sales support to Duxbury, Massachusetts.
At Suburban, we think of the communities we serve as “part of our neighborhood.” Members of our staff live in these communities, as do hundreds of our customers.
Yes, we know towns like Duxbury inside and out. And we know we can help you keep your family comfortable during seasons hot and cold. Comfort comes in differing degrees here in the Northeast, so it’s imperative you work with a local HVAC company that you can trust, and puts your own unique environmental comfort needs first – around the home and office.
- Heating system service – new HVAC, furnace, or repairs to existing systems
- Central air conditioning service
- Carrier air conditioning products
- Air filters
- Air purifiers
- UV lamps
- Scheduled maintenance contracts
Fun facts about Duxbury, Massachusetts:
- Theory has it that the town was named by Myles Standish after the family estate of his childhood in Lancashire. The ancient Standish family in northern England owned much land and large estates, including the two main family headquarters of Standish Hall and Duxbury Manor, in Lancashire, since before the Middle Ages.
- Pilgrims established their colony in nearby Plymouth. Per the terms of their contract with financial backers in London, they were required to live together in a tight community for seven years. At the end of that term in 1627, land along the coast was allotted to settlers for farming. Thus, the coastline from Plymouth to Marshfield, including Duxbury, was parceled out, and many settlers began moving away from Plymouth.
- Duxbury is the sixth largest cranberry producer in Massachusetts. It has come to be known in recent years also for its oyster beds, as well as other shellfish.