Annual Checkup: The Importance of Maintaining the Wellbeing of Your Heating and Cooling System
Is your heating and cooling system performing under the weather?
Is your heating and cooling system experiencing an operative cough? Is it running too warm? Too cold? Are you unsure? Call in the doctor…
While we at Suburban are available 24/7 to take care of your immediate heating and cooling needs, we can’t stress enough the importance of keeping a consistent annual maintenance routine in place for your home’s heating and cooling system.
Well, there’s an assortment of reasons.
The short answer is: optimization.
If you’re heating and cooling system is routinely maintained, it’s going to operate at the highest efficiency for your living environment possible. Optimizing the performance of your system, as well as your own personal environmental comfort, as well as the comfort of your wallet.
Why preventive maintenance is highly recommended:
For Air Conditioning–
- Dirty condenser coils increase your electrical bill.
- Dirty evaporator coils (even with a small amount of dirt) can decrease efficiency, increase operating costs, and be a major cause of compressor failure.
- A low or high refrigerant charge can cause compressor failure.
- Loose belts and worn pulleys decrease airflow.
- Improperly lubricated rotating equipment will eventually fail.
- Algae can plug a condensation drain, which can cause expensive water damage.
- Heat exchangers can develop cracks, risking carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Dirty burners cause poor combustion resulting in heat going up the stack.
- A defective thermocouple will cause the furnace to shut down.
- Weak or dirty pilots can be extinguished causing the furnace to shutdown.
- Safety controls left unchecked can cause dangerous problems.
If your heating and cooling is running at a prime rate, you’re going to be saving money, not losing it due to system deficiencies and potential unseen leakage that may be occurring that can’t be seen by an untrained eye.
Not to worry. We’re here for you. Contact Suburban and we’ll make sure you’re heating and cooling system is operating up to par, and replace the existing old filter, with a fresh one – which will immediately help freshen the air your breathing.
What’s more is, if you’re not servicing your heating and cooling system, you may fall out of line with the general requirements that keep your warranty in good standing.
You see, many new heating and cooling system installs include a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty, which insures you’ll be covered if something were to go wrong with your system. But here’s the thing: If you’re not having a professional maintain your home’s system on an annual basis, you may be at risk of losing that benefit.
Don’t lose sight of it. It could cost you dearly if you do…
Questions? Allow us to answer them. Call us today. Call us anytime.