When the sweltering summer months set in, you may find yourself scouring the internet for energy-efficient ways to keep your home nice and cool. At Suburban HVAC, we are all about making your life easier, whether that means providing exceptional heating and cooling services or equipping you with some of our exclusive industry knowledge. Which is why we’ve compiled some useful tips on how to achieve a consistently cool home all summer long.
- Set your ceiling fans to rotate counterclockwise. Did you know that most ceiling fans have a small switch to change their rotational direction? Alternating your fan’s rotation from clockwise to counterclockwise will help move the warmer air up and away from you, allowing the cooler air to remain.
- Open your windows at night. If the temperature drops significantly during the night, this is a great opportunity to give your air conditioner a break. Letting the fresh night air pass through your home can also improve your home’s indoor air quality.
- Hang wet laundry outside to reduce dryer usage. Running your dryer can significantly increase your home’s temperature, especially if you don’t have a laundry room. Why not take advantage of the sunlight and warm temps by hanging your clothes outside to dry? Not only will it help reduce your electric bill, it’s also pleasantly whimsical.
- Turn off the lights. While you should always make a habit out of turning off lights when you leave a room, this is especially helpful for reducing heat during the summer. Light bulbs produce heat, so be sure to be extra diligent during the summer about flipping the switches.
- Reduce cooking indoors. The last thing you want to do when it feels like 100 degrees in your home is turn on a 400-degree oven. Summer is the perfect time to break out the grill and save yourself from sweating over a hot stove.
For more cooling tips or to schedule reliable and affordable air conditioner installation, replacement, repair, or maintenance services, reach out to our friendly team of heating and cooling experts! We are standing by to provide you with innovative solutions for all of your heating and cooling needs. Call Suburban HVAC today at 781-769-1515 or schedule your services online!