Installation Mechanic/Crew Leader Job Description:
A Sheet Metal Mechanic will be responsible for assembling, installing and repairing all forms of ductwork and equipment associated with the complete HVAC job, used in homes, schools, and commercial buildings.
- Obtain and maintain through continuing education the required certifications and licenses
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area
- Coordinate project schedule and estimated man days to assure project is being completed in a timely manner. Including the final inspection and testing where & when appropriate.
- Study the building/project plans, specifications and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations
- Verify that materials and methods comply with specifications and review material and equipment prior to installation for accuracy
- Locate and mark position of pipe and/or duct connections and passage holes in walls and floors and then cut openings to accommodate pipe and/or duct fittings, using hand tools and power tools
- Work with power tools to measure, cut, assemble and install ductwork, insulation, refrigerant lines, equipment, registers and grilles, flues, piping and associated pumps and gauges
- Wrap pipes with insulation and secure as required
- Install, connect and adjust thermostats, humidistats and timers using hand tools
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks
- Maintain a professional appearance and keep the installation vehicle in order and well stocked
- Attend all necessary job meetings and stay abreast of all issues that are discussed
- Assure that each project is completed including punch lists, contract requirements, and final inspections along with discussion with client on the use of equipment
- Record and report all faults and deficiencies, with work or allotted labor hours
- Responsible for establishing new client relationships and creating an experience that keeps the client coming back in the future
- Maintain a positive attitude in which fosters good will and future work with our customers and our subcontractors
- Complete the job folder and turn in for billing
- Well groomed, neat appearance
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Valid social security number
- Lift up to 50 pounds; be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower or appropriate devices); carry ladders; work from heights, work in small spaces.
- Observe all company procedures and maintain safety rules at all times
- Maintain accurate time records and send to payroll when required
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction
- Perform any and all related job tasks as directed by the management of this company.