With Covid-19 cases rising and uncertainty ahead, you can never be too careful when it comes to protecting you and your family’s health. The Center for Disease Control provides numerous recommendations for preventing and slowing the spread of Covid-19, including masks, social distancing, and properly cleaning your home.
Additional steps you can take to ensure your family is protected in your home are installing updated HVAC, ventilation, and filtration systems and making sure they’re utilized properly. Luckily, you don’t have to navigate this process alone. You can rely on Suburban HVAC to help you determine if you need to update your HVAC system and what else you can do to purify your home’s air and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Contact our local HVAC team online to discuss how we can help you stay protected in your home during the pandemic, or give us a call at 781-769-1515 today!
How Can Your HVAC System Help Prevent the Spread of Covid-19?
If you’re looking for ways to protect your household from illness and prevent the spread of Covid-19, you can utilize the HVAC system you already have in your home. Ventilation and filtration provided by your HVAC system can reduce airborne transmission of viruses, pathogens, contaminants, and allergens by up to 99%.
You can also take extra precautions by having UVC lights installed in your HVAC system’s ductwork. This method of air sanitation kills bacteria and viruses, allowing air to be disinfected as it passes through your HVAC system before being recirculated through your home.
Tips for Maximizing Your HVAC System’s Potential
- Make sure your HVAC filter is correctly in place and consider upgrading it to the highest-rated filter your system can accommodate.
- Run your system’s fan for longer times or continuously. HVAC systems only filter air when the fan is running. You can set up your system to run the fan even when no heating or cooling is taking place.
- Make sure air purifiers are installed and working properly to ensure they’re able to effectively reduce any airborne contaminants.
- Improve indoor air quality and ventilation with outdoor air by opening windows or screen doors when possible.
- Consider installing a whole-home humidifier if your home’s air is dry, as viruses tend to live longer in dry air.
Schedule Indoor Air Quality Services in Westwood, MA Today
The heating and cooling experts at Suburban HVAC are ready to help you defend your family and home from harmful bacteria and viruses. Our seasoned technicians are highly trained in the installation and maintenance of your home’s indoor air quality systems, so you can rest assured that they will perform effectively day in and day out. You can rely on us to provide you with air quality solutions that meet your needs and your budget.
Schedule your Westwood, MA home’s indoor air quality services by calling 781-769-1515 or booking your appointment online today! We’re standing by to bring you the reliable and affordable HVAC services you need.